This dish is great for the hot days of summer. It’s light, refreshing, and gluten-free. Top with sliced, grilled tofu, meat, or shrimp for a low-prep cookout. Pair it with a pinot grigio, unoaked chardonnay, chilled sake, or a cold lager.
Vietnamese Noodle Salad
- 5 oz Rice Vermicelli (Aisle 13)
- 6 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Chili garlic sauce (Aisle 12)
- ¼ cup Fish sauce (Aisle 13)
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 ea Limes, juiced
- Seasonal vegetables
- Sliced, grilled chicken, steak, shrimp or fried spring rolls
- 2 tbsp Roasted peanuts, chopped
- Boil water in a large pot and cook noodles until done.
- Drain water and rinse noodles w/cold water for 1 minute.
- Combine first set of ingredients to make dressing. Use lukewarm water to help the sugar dissolve more easily, then chill.
- Place noodles in a bowl, add veggies and meat.
- Add dressing, garnish with peanuts, and enjoy!